Monday, June 9, 2008

Here goes....

Okay, for those of you who have known me for awhile know my feelings on blogs....I am generally opposed to them- not adamantly, but generally. My friends and I have seen and experienced the hurt that unauthorized comments, unedited thoughts, and unsolicited advice that blogs have caused. Also, there seems to be something slightly egocentric about blogs.

Yet, here I am blogging. Why, you ask? Some of you will be shocked that I have started a blog. I've prayed about this for a little while. My thoughts are this:

I do read a few blogs to keep up with friends in ministry. In fact, my friend Krista's blog was my lifeline to her family when they went into the mission field. I checked it daily- sometimes twice daily, eager for news from my dear friend and her family. It was her blog that kept me feeling close to her though she lived a continent away. It is still her blog that keeps me current on her family and keeps them at the forefront of my thoughts and prayers. I do not feel that her blog is egocentric at all. I am delighted to read every entry. I miss her daily presence in my life and the blog is a great fill in when we can't be together.

And, it is the Maxwell Family blog that keeps me praying for their ministry....and it is the Sally Clarkson blog that keeps me fed as a mother and as a home schooler....
So, in light of our move away from all that is familiar, loved and cherished, I begin this blog in order to stay connected to all of you who mean so very much to me.

Blogging was an idea suggested by a new Bible study I am doing this summer. It is called, "The Boxes are Unpacked...Now What Do I Do? How to Move On After Moving In." It is about learning to rely on God before, during and after a move. I am also learning about how to rely on God in transition. Transition seems to be the theme of our lives lately!

So, I begin my journey into the world of blogging. I don't intend to write volumes, nor do I intend to write daily. I just want a place to be able to post news on our family, pictures, videos, etc. so that we can keep in touch with our dear friends in Midlothian and in other areas.

Pick your chin up off the floor, those who are shocked! Know that I love and miss you all so much!!!!

Amy