We are past our first week of school and starting our second. I made some changes to our routine from the last couple of years and those changes are proving to be good ones. Fresh starts are always so nice!
Here are some pictures of our school room.
We are trying a new science this year. We are using Apologia Science and are doing the year on Astronomy. The kids are really liking it. Here is the picture of our balloon model Solar System.
I asked the kids to give their comments on our school year so far...
Well, I like piano the best out of all of our subjects because I like the way the piano sounds. I also like math. I am pretty good at it. Umm...and I like science, too. It is the best science we have ever done. I love astronomy and studying about God's amazing universe.
Ally Beth:
I like school, so far. My favorite subject is...umm...history. We are studying about Native Americans. Some people call them Indians, even though they are not really Indians. But, I still like to call them Indians. It is more fun than "Native Americans." I also like Science. We are learning about astronomy, which is the study of the stars and the universe. My favorite science activity so far is our balloon model of the solar system. I loved blowing up the balloons!