Saturday, August 27, 2011

Caleb Cam: 3 Years Old!



Well, I squeaked out Caleb's 3 year portraits before school starts Monday. That was my goal...and I waited until almost the last minute!

I "interviewed" Caleb to record some things from this great year of 3. His answers to my questions cracked me up. He is a truly funny kid.

Here's our interaction:

Mommy: Caleb, what is your favorite color?

Caleb: Camo.

Mommy: Well, camo isn't really a color. It's a pattern in several colors...

Caleb: No, I think it's a color. It's my favorite.

Mommy: Okay. How about telling me your favorite food?

Caleb: Grapes.

Mommy: How about your favorite drink?

Caleb: Lemolade. (AKA: lemonade)

Mommy: What's your favorite book?

Caleb: The Thomas the Tank Engine ABC Book from the Library. It is the best.

(He likes it so much that he checks it out from the library EVERY time we go!)

Mommy: That's a fun book. How about your favorite toy?

Caleb: Knives.

(Funny...he isn't allowed to touch knives. Hmmm...was this yearning or a confession?)

Mommy: What is your favorite thing to do?

Caleb: I like to go swimming at "Mary Holly Beaver."

(AKA the University of Mary Hardin Baylor, where we are members at the indoor pool)

Caleb: I also like jumping on my bed, even though I never do that, mommy.

Mommy (trying not to laugh): Okay. Whose your favorite superhero?

Caleb: Daddy.

Mommy: Ah. He's my favorite superhero, too. How about telling Mommy when you are going to potty train?

Caleb: Never. That's all for now. Bye, mom.

(Evading a touchy subject???)


I am so thankful for this little comedian, who challenges us DAILY, yet brings such richness to our home and our lives.

This year, he HAD to have a watch like Blane's, so I gave him one of my old ones and it is his constant companion. He feels SO big with a watch. I tried to get him to take it off for his pics, but I didn't have any luck!

He asked for "School Stuff" for his birthday because he declared he was ready to start school. So, I had to have a school theme picture to commemorate this interest (which will likely change before his next birthday :-)